Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Steampunk Mask

I am currently working on a Steampunk inspired mask for the H.M.S Ball (Holiday Masquerade Steampunk) on 10 December 2011. I don't have many supplies so I am working with what I can from home.

The ideas that I currently have are just doing the base coat of brass/gold (I can't remember which it was) over the black mask and then either:
A.Just gluing gears and cogs to the front in a appealing manner.
B.Hanging chain from the nose to the side like a tribal dancer in some ways and then having a vial of something hanging off the side.
C.Having chain fall over my cheeks from under the mask with gears attached to the bottoms. I was thinking it would make a Steampunk Cleopatra look of sorts.

If I had lace I would have just surrounded the mask, sprayed it copper or brass and left it. I can be lazy sometimes. Here is the beginning stages of the mask. The mask I got in a kids mask making kit on clearance at Target and never used it.

STAGE ONE. LOOK AT IT!




STAGE TWO. GET SOME PAINT! Mine was old paint I got on clearance quite a while ago from the craft store.



STAGE THREE. SPRAY THAT PAINT BABY!





STAGE FOUR!
Um...well...I'm not quite sure yet. I'll just have to post another blog when I get the work done! I have so much to do in so little time! EEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment