Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Other Personas



Besides being Mina Kaiser when I am living the Steampunk fantasy life I am also my normal self (Karina Young) and also my SCA self. My SCA persona is a Norsewoman named Katla Hase. Her story as well as Mina's are not developed much as of yet. I hope their personas will grow on their own as time passes.

Katla's Histor:

My father is Havard Njordsson of Oslo, Norway. His own father was a Christian and when father was a grown man he rededicated himself to the Gods of his mother and changed his name. He found a special connection with the god Njord as he loved to be in the water and was an expert sailor. His mother Swanhilde had been a spaewife until she decided she had seen enough of battle for a time and married a Christian man who told her of peace and forgiveness. She still believed in the old ways despite the preachings of peace from her husband. Although she had turned away from the duties of a spaewife she still was filled with the fiery blood of her proud warrior people and did not believe in the idea of peace as much as she longed for it. Eventually, after the premature death of her husband she went back to being an elder spaewife and a teacher of the Gods.

I am part of the House of the Raven's Call. An SCA household in the Kingdom of Caid in the Barony of Calafia.



That is all for now. I am sure you will see both personal blogs from Karina and mention of Katla sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment