Saturday, December 17, 2011

Garb in the Making - STEAMPUNK'D Medieval Middle Eastern!

Recently I have been in dispair over my current thrown together Steampunk garb. I loved what I was able to find from Thrift Stores and what I already had from old work clothes and things until I went to a Steampunk ball recently. I saw all the other women in their nicely made or store bought garb and how form fitting and feminine it was. My garb fits my persona but they don't know my persona and don't give a damn. So I went searching for garb I couldn't afford and drooled over it.

My good friends Dana and Devin saw this and talked about it. Dana agreed to make me a new costume out of the stashed material she had sitting in her garage. I was so excited! I still am! I was amazed I found PERFECT materials for each piece of the garb she is making. We are all in the SCA (I am a Norsewoman!) and so she has a pattern for Medieval Middle Eastern garb. She thought it would be cool to make me garb with a Steampunk flair (like cogs and gears on my waist belt, etc).

Here is the material we picked out today! Devin said she can hopefully get to work after the holidays! I am so happy! I have to find a wait to repay her!







OUTSIDE JACKET MATERIAL:


INSIDE JACKET MATERIALS (BOTH):


PANTS MATERIAL:


UNDERSHIRT THINGY MATERIAL:


I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment